What to do before Day 1 of Exodus 90
Imagine beginning a three-month expedition along the Great Himalaya Trail without any preparation. Sounds foolish. You are about to embark on a spiritual expedition—a journey with the Israelites—from Egypt, through the wilderness, to the edge of the promised land. It’s time to prepare.
The following is a checklist to prepare you for your journey into the wilderness. Complete each of these items prior to Day 1 and check in with your brothers to see that they are doing the same. The ideal time to start preparation is about three weeks before your start date. But if the fraternity communicates effectively and prepares efficiently, much less time is needed.
What to Do Before Day 1
1. Be prepared for the full Exodus experience with the Exodus 90 mobile app. Head over to exodus90.com to create your account and learn more.
2. Read the following sections of the Exodus 90 Field Guide.
a. “What’s Your Why”
b. “Fidelity to Prayer”
c. “The Gift of Asceticism”
d. “Made for Fraternity”
3. Consider your “Why.”
a. Follow the instructions to craft your why from “What’s Your Why” in the Exodus 90 Field Guide. Then enter your why into the app for future reference in the exercise.
4. Have a conversation with your spouse (for married men only).
a. Read “The Exodus Man & His Bride” in the Exodus 90 Field Guide.
b. Share your why with your spouse and discuss with her the disciplines and other commitments of Exodus 90.
5. Make your plan for regular intense exercise and enter it into the app.
6. Attend a Preparatory Meeting.
a. Set your start date and enter it into the app.
b. Choose your anchor (For more on choosing an Anchor, read “Be a Well Set Anchor” in the Exodus 90 Field Guide.)
c. Choose a weekly meeting time that works for the entire fraternity.
d. Discuss the following topics:
- Each man’s written why
- Married men should discuss the responses of their spouses
- Each man’s written plan for daily exercise
e. Choose a fraternity spiritual director. (Optional)
f. Choose a day and time for an additional weekly fraternity Mass. (Optional)
g. Choose a day and time for weekly fraternity holy hour. (Optional)
For Sunday, December 4th, 2022 Reading John the Baptist appeared, preaching in the desert of Judea and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand!” It was of […]Read More
John the Baptist