Exodus provides year-round spiritual exercises for men, focused on prayer, asceticism, and fraternity. The Exodus+ year includes Exodus 90, Lent for Men, Saint Michael’s Lent, Advent, as well as more seasons, days, feasts and fasts throughout the Church year. Exodus gives men an introduction to a different kind of life: a life of responsibility, meaning, and true freedom.
- Personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- Your choices
- Other sites and services
- International data transfers
- How to contact us
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, salutation, email address, mailing addresses, professional title and company name, and phone number.
- Demographic data, such as your city, state, country of residence, postal code, and age.
- Profile data, such as the username and password that you may set to establish an online account on the Service, date of birth, redemption codes, biographical details, photograph or picture, links to your profiles on social networks, interests, preferences, information about your participation in our contests, promotions, or surveys, and any other information that you add to your account profile.
- Transactional data, such as information relating to or needed to complete your orders on or through the Service, including order numbers and transaction history.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them.
- Faith and related information, such as your parish or church community, affinity-based communities, your areas of interest, the tracking and history of asceticisms and disciplines, your history of exercises and readings, and other reflections.
- User-generated content data, such as chats, photos, images, music, videos, comments, questions, messages, works of authorship, and other content or information that you generate, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Service, as well as associated metadata. Metadata includes information on how, when, where and by whom a piece of content was collected and how that content has been formatted or edited. Metadata also includes information that users can add or can have added to their content, such as keywords, geographical or location information, and other similar data.
- Financial data, such as financial account numbers or payment card information.
- Communications data, based on our exchanges with you or your representatives, including when you contact us through the Service, social media, or otherwise.
- Your contacts, if you choose to link your contacts with the Service, we will provide you notifications about contacts that are using the Service or that you may wish to invite to use the Service.
Third-party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Public sources, such as government agencies, public records, social media platforms, and other publicly available sources.
- Private sources, such as data providers, social media platforms and data licensors.
- Marketing partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages, information about your activity on a page, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our emails or clicked links within them.
- Precise geolocation data if and when you authorize the Service to access your device’s location.
- Communication interaction data, such as your interactions with our email, text or other communications (e.g., whether you open and/or forward emails) – we may do this through use of pixel tags (which are also known as clear GIFs), which may be embedded invisibly in our emails.
- Cookies, which are small text files that websites store on user devices and that allow web servers to record users’ web browsing activities and remember their submissions, preferences, and login status as they navigate a site. Cookies used on our sites include both “session cookies” that are deleted when a session ends, “persistent cookies” that remain longer, “first party” cookies that we place and “third party” cookies that our third-party business partners and service providers place.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
Data about others. We may offer features that help users invite their friends or contacts to use the Service, and we may collect contact details about these invitees so we can deliver their invitations. Please do not refer someone to us or share their contact details with us unless you have their permission to do so.
How we use your personal information
Service delivery and operations. We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- personalize the service, including remembering the devices from which you have previously logged in and remembering your selections and preferences as you navigate the Service;
- facilitate social features of the Service, such as by identifying and suggesting connections with other users of the Service and providing chat or messaging functionality;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service;
- facilitate your invitations to join the Service;
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- communicate with you about events or contests in which you participate;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending Service-related announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business and to develop new products and services. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified and/or anonymized data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into de-identified or anonymized data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this aggregated, de-identified or otherwise anonymized data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Marketing and Advertising. We and/or our service providers may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes.
- Direct Marketing. We may send you direct marketing communications and may personalize these messages based on your needs and interests. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
Service improvement and analytics. We may use your personal information to analyze your usage of the Service, improve the Service, improve the rest of our business, help us understand user activity on the Service, including which pages are most and least visited and how visitors move around the Service, as well as user interactions with our emails, and to develop new products and services.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas, investigations or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
Business interactions. If you communicate with us as an employee or representative of a service provider, business partner or other company we do business with, in addition to the other uses included in this section, we may use personal information about you to administer our relationship, maintain contractual relations and to operate our business.
With your consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
Cookies and similar technologies. In addition to the other uses included in this section, we may use the Cookies and similar technologies described above for the following purposes:
- Technical operation. To allow the technical operation of the Service, such as by remembering your selections and preferences as you navigate the site, and whether you are logged in when you visit password protected areas of the Service.
- Functionality. To enhance the performance and functionality of our services.
- Advertising. To help our third-party advertising partners collect information about how you use the Service and other online services over time, which they use to show you ads on other online services they believe will interest you and measure how the ads perform.
Analytics. To help us understand user activity on the Service, including which pages are most and least visited and how visitors move around the Service, as well as user interactions with our emails. We utilize vendors, including Google Analytics, Baremetrics, Appflyer, Podsights, and Mixpanel for these purposes.
How we share your personal information
In general, your contact, demographic, profile, transactional, and marketing data may be used as described below. Your faith and related information and user-generated content data is more tightly held and not shared with third parties other than to the extent necessary to provide the service (for example, to be stored and served from a third-party hosting service provider.)
Affiliates. Our corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
Service providers. Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, and email delivery). For example, we may need to provide personal or profile information to the service provider that sends you a text message with a login code.
Advertising partners. Third-party advertising companies for the internet-based advertising purposes described above.
Third parties designated by you. We may share your personal information with third parties where you have instructed us or provided your consent to do so. For example, we may share your personal information with third-party advertisers with whom we are collaborating to offer you additional services such as sweepstakes, raffles, and promotions. We will share personal information that is needed for these other companies to provide the services that you have requested.
Business and Marketing partners. Third parties with whom we co-sponsor events or promotions, with whom we jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be of interest to you.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the Compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations of or due diligence for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests.
Other users and the public. Your profile, faith and related information and other user-generated content data (except for messages) are/may be visible to other users of the Service and the public. For example, other users of the Service or the public may have access to your information if you chose to make your profile or other personal information available to them through the Service, such as when you provide comments or share other content. This information can be seen, collected and used by others, including being cached, copied, screen captured or stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines), and we are not responsible for any such use of this information.
Access or update your information. If you have registered for an account with us through the Service, you may review and update certain account information by logging into your account and making updates to your profile and other related settings.
Opt-out of communications. You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us as outlined below. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
If you receive marketing text messages from us, you may opt out of receiving further marketing text messages from us by replying STOP to our message. You may also text STOP to 1-855-329-7862.
Transactional system text or email messages are used to verify your phone number and/or email when signing up for or logging into an account. They are only sent upon your direct request to sign up or log into an account.
Cookies. For information about cookies employed by the Service and how to control them, see our Cookie Notice. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Service may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. You can also configure your device to prevent images from loading to prevent web beacons from functioning.
Blocking images/clear gifs. Most browsers and devices allow you to configure your device to prevent images from loading. To do this, follow the instructions in your particular browser or device settings.
Advertising choices. You may be able to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising through the following settings/options/tools:
- Browser settings. Changing your internet web browser settings to block third-party cookies.
- Privacy browsers/plug-ins. Using privacy browsers and/or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block tracking technologies.
- Ad industry tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies that participate in the following industry opt-out programs:
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Digital Advertising Alliance: optout.aboutads.info.
- AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices, which will allow you to opt-out of interest-based ads in mobile apps served by participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Mobile settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device and browser from which you wish to limit the use of your information for interest-based advertising purposes.
We cannot offer any assurances as to whether the companies we work with participate in the opt-out programs described above.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Remove or anonymize your content. You may request that the content that you posted to the Service be removed or anonymized such that your personal information will not be publicly identifiable on the Service by contacting us. We may decline to process your request as consistent with law. Please note that even if we process your request, it does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on the Service.
Delete your content or close your account. You can choose to delete certain content through your account. If you wish to request to close your account, please contact us or use the “Delete account” function within the app. Note that using this function will delete all of your exercise history and make it unrecoverable in the event you decide to return in the future.
The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by anyone under 18 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian of a child from whom you believe we have collected personal information in a manner prohibited by law, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will comply with applicable legal requirements to delete the information.
- Email: email@example.com