Grilled Portobella Mushroom Cheeseburgers
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
We finally get to use the grill for a recipe in this cookbook! We’re all abstaining from television, movies, and video games during Exodus 90. So here’s a great reason to get outside, watch the kids run around the yard, and Grill, Baby Grill! These burgers are healthy, delicious, and full of flavor. They are grilled until juicy and tender, and the cheese puts this one over the top.
“In God’s will, there is great peace.” – Saint Josephine Bakhita
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 3 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 portobella mushroom caps, cleaned
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 Tablespoons basil pesto
- Lettuce, onion, tomato, and your other favorite condiments
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag, combine Italian dressing, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add the mushroom caps, seal the bag, and marinate at room temperature for 40 minutes, flipping it over after 20 minutes.
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium heat. Once hot, brush the grate lightly with oil to prevent sticking.
- Remove the mushrooms from the marinade, reserving the marinade for basting. Grill the mushrooms for 5 minutes on each side, brushing them with the marinade every 2 minutes.
- When the mushrooms are done, top each with a slice of cheese and cook until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from the grill and serve on hamburger buns with pesto, lettuce, onion, tomato, and your favorite condiments.
Today, we celebrate the feast of the Immaculate Conception. We honor the grace given by Jesus to his mother at her conception to prepare her for her role in our salvation, making her into a fit dwelling place for himself.Read More
Advent Day 6: The Immaculate Conception
1. Await in prayer. He who prays waits attentively. Prayer is at the core of our preparation to receive the Lord anew this Christmas. Constant prayer helps us become aware of God’s presence and keeps us from falling into old habits. Yet forgetfulness is frequently our biggest enemy. How often do we go about our […]Read More
Advent Week 2 Action Items