Honey Sesame Shrimp with Radicchio & Brussels Sprouts
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Simple ingredients and maximum flavor was what I was shooting for when developing this recipe to feed my wife on her lunch break. She and I both love brussels sprouts. But I have to warn you about the radicchio – it’s a little bitter. Hence the reason I paired it with a protein drizzled in sweet honey. If you’re not a fan, just omit that one ingredient, and stick with the rest.
“A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.” – Saint Basil the Great
- 3 Tablespoons honey + extra to drizzle on top of shrimp at the end
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 8 ounces radicchio, cored and sliced thin
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger. Add the shrimp and let marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes while you prepare and cook the vegetables.
- In a large cast iron skillet, over medium heat, add sesame oil and brussels sprouts. Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add radicchio, stir well, and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, green onions, salt and pepper and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Transfer cooked vegetables to a serving dish.
- To the same skillet, add shrimp and marinade and sauté for 90 seconds on each side. Top the vegetables with the shrimp, drizzle with more honey, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Today is the memorial of Sts. Andrew Kim Tae-gŏn and Paul Chŏng Ha-sang, and their Companions, Korean Martyrs. It is also Wednesday of [Ember Week](https://exodus90.com/blog/what-are-ember-days/), marking the passing from summer […]Read More
Day 37: Defeat of Antichrist
St. Michael's Lent