Protein-Packed Egg Salad Sandwiches
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
I am a sandwich lover! And I’ll admit I once spent a full hour in an airport sitting on my phone looking at photos of sandwiches on the internet. During Exodus 90, I sometimes daydream about Philly Cheesesteaks, French Dips, Reubens, or an ultimate Alabama BBQ Sandwich with White Sauce. But the simplicity, as well as the ability to glide right down my gullet, makes egg salad one of the greatest sandwich fillings of all time!
“Actions speak louder than words. Let your words teach and your actions speak.”
– Saint Anthony of Padua
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 green onions, finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives, diced
- 1 teaspoon Everything Bagel seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 slices bread
- Add the eggs to a medium size saucepan and cover with water.
- Turn the heat to high and bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Turn off the heat, cover, and let sit for 12 minutes.
- Strain the hot water from the saucepan, add cold water to cover the boiled eggs, and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Remove eggs from water, peel them, and roughly chop on a cutting board. Transfer chopped eggs to a medium bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice and stir well to combine.
- Stir in the celery, green onions, chives, and seasonings.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use. You can put the egg salad on bread, make a wrap using a tortilla, or stuff it into a pita.
Today is the memorial of Sts. Andrew Kim Tae-gŏn and Paul Chŏng Ha-sang, and their Companions, Korean Martyrs. It is also Wednesday of [Ember Week](https://exodus90.com/blog/what-are-ember-days/), marking the passing from summer […]Read More
Day 37: Defeat of Antichrist
St. Michael's Lent