Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
These tacos are so fresh and delicious with just the right amount of heat to them. The spice-loaded shrimp with the avocado and cabbage proves that everything is better with tacos!
“The success of your morning meditation will largely depend on what you have eaten the night before.” – Saint Alphonsus Liguori
Taco Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 small purple cabbage, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup Queso Fresco
- 1 pound shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- In a small bowl, whisk together all taco sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Arrange avocado, cabbage, red onion, cilantro, and lime wedges on a large serving platter, leaving room for the shrimp and tortillas.
- In a medium size bowl, combine all shrimp ingredients and mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer cooked shrimp to the serving platter.
- In the same large skillet, over medium heat, heat each tortilla for 30 seconds on each side. Transfer them to the serving platter.
- Serve platter immediately with the cheese and taco sauce on the side.
Today is the memorial of Sts. Andrew Kim Tae-gŏn and Paul Chŏng Ha-sang, and their Companions, Korean Martyrs. It is also Wednesday of [Ember Week](https://exodus90.com/blog/what-are-ember-days/), marking the passing from summer […]Read More
Day 37: Defeat of Antichrist
St. Michael's Lent