Spicy Salmon & Peach Salsa Tacos
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Growing up, my dad always made the classic American ground beef tacos. It was our favorite meal as kids. But while living in Florida for a few years as a young adult, I was introduced to fish tacos, and they blew my mind! They are simple to make, packed with flavor, and reminiscent of my younger, carefree days of hanging out on the beach. This recipe might just be what you need to brighten up your day while struggling with a particular asceticism like cold showers.
“Just take everything exactly as it is, put it in God’s hands, and leave it with him. Then you will be able to rest in him – really rest.” – Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross
Peach Salsa Ingredients
- 1 15-ounce can peach slices, drained & diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 sweet mini bell peppers, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapenos, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow or red onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt & black pepper
- 12 ounces of salmon fillets
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
Cabbage Slaw Ingredients
- 1/2 small purple cabbage, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup avocado lime crema (*see Saint Blaise ‘N Buffalo Style Chickpea & Cauliflower Tacos on page ?? for recipe)
- Make the avocado lime crema. Then add to a medium bowl with the cabbage, mix well, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the peach salsa ingredients, mix well, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the salmon seasonings. Coat each salmon fillet with the seasoning and olive oil. Transfer the salmon to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, over medium heat, heat each tortilla for 30 seconds on each side. Transfer them to a large plate.
- Top each tortilla with the cabbage slaw, peach salsa, and salmon. Then watch them disappear!
Today is the memorial of Sts. Andrew Kim Tae-gŏn and Paul Chŏng Ha-sang, and their Companions, Korean Martyrs. It is also Wednesday of [Ember Week](https://exodus90.com/blog/what-are-ember-days/), marking the passing from summer […]Read More
Day 37: Defeat of Antichrist
St. Michael's Lent